Mr. Lara has 30 years of experience structuring and successfully executing all kinds of M&A transactions for private and public companies in the Mexican middle market. Throughout his career and through his Mexico-based IB Boutique Firm, Profintec, Mr. Lara has led transactions for a total aggregate amount of more than USD 1.2 billion across all industries.
Prior to founding Profintec M&A, Mr. Lara worked as Head of Corporate Finance & Head of Investment Banking for several leading Mexican institutions such as Operadora de Bolsa, Bursamex Casa de Bolsa and Bital bank (now HSBC México) where he led several IPO´s. Mr. Lara was responsible for the public and private placement of more than USD 1 billion in debt instruments such as long-term bonds.
Mr. Lara is also a private investor having been involved with companies in the financial services, health, sexual wellness, construction materials and fashion & entertainment industries.
Mr. Lara holds a degree in Public Accounting from La Salle University in Mexico City and an MBA from the Arthur D. Little School of Management at Boston College. He is a member of the founding generation of the Senior Management Program in Private Equity (ADECAP) from IPADE Business School in Mexico City.
Jorge Lara Ibarra
CEO Jupiter Capital
José Miguel Ramos
-Business administration degree, CESSA (class of 1994)
-CEO at Grupo Somar and at Lifesense
-17 years of C-level experience in the healthcare industry: pharmaceutical, healing materials and veterinary; experience as General Manager at “Mieles y Sales” and at “Suplemed”, as well as Commercial Director for Laboratorios Serral.
-Studies in anatomy, physiology and pharmacology at the CDE (2000)
-Master in business administration, Instituto Panamericano de Alta Dirección (IPADE), class of 2002.
-Semiology studies, Colegio de Consultores (2002-2012).
-Corporate finance studies at ITAM and Network Marketing studies at UNAM.
Guillermo Martorell Nieto
CEO Grupo Platino
- Mechanical engineer, Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana.
- Master in business administration, Instituto Panamericano de Alta Dirección (IPADE).
- President of the board and shareholder of Te Creemos S.F.P de C.V., a regulated micro-financing company.
- President of the finance committee of Sentinel Investment Group, a group of companies in the finance, pharmaceutical, logistics, and real estate sectors.
- CEO of EM Asesorías, S.C., a company that currently continues to provide M & A services to medium-sized Mexican companies.
- 25 years of experience in mergers & acquisitions; previously finance director and business development (CFO) of Farmacias del Ahorro, a national drugstore chain.
- Shareholder and board member of various companies.
Pablo Mendoza García
CEO Crowe Horwath
-Fiscal leader of the “Room next door” for the NAFTA renegotiations of 2017.
- Certified public accountant, University of La Salle, with honors
- CEO of the accounting firm Crowe Horwath Gossler.
- Columnist, expositor and professor of finance and fiscal subjects at various universities and at colleges federated to the Mexican Institute of Public Accountants,
- President of the vigilance counsel of the Mexican Counsel for the Research and Development of Financial Information Norms.
- National president of the Mexican Institute of Public Accountants for the period 2004-2005.
- President of the Fiscal Commission of the Corporate Coordinator Council, top business organization in Mexico.
Gerardo Napolitano Pompa
Socio Muñoz Manzo
-Public accountant, Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM).
-Fiscal consulting partner at Muñoz, Manzo & Ocampo, S.C., where he joined in 2010.
-Started at Chévez, Ruiz, Zamarripa (1996) where he was promoted to fiscal consulting partner in 2009.
-Member of the Colegio de Contadores Públicos de México (College of Public Accountants of Mexico) or CCPM, and of the Mexican Institute of Public Accountants (IMCP).
-Active member of the International Fiscal Commission of the CCPM.
-Lecturer of various classes in fiscal matters at Universidad Iberoamericana.
-External advisor for the International Monetary Fund on a mission in Lima, Peru.
Gerardo Luis Cazenave Tapia Izoard
CEO Data Concepto
-Entrepreneur and businessman; has started up businesses in various areas of economic activity.
-Partner, along with Grupo Indi and ADO, in the mass transportation network in the State of Mexico.
-Director of Institutional Relationships for Grupo Indi, since 2012.
-Lecturer at the Universidad Anahuac for eleven years, teaching micro, macro economy and econometrics.
-Founding partner and president of Data Concepto, SA de CV, a company dedicated to the implementation of systems in cadastral projects and assets management systems for State governments, public organisms and private companies.
-Board member and partner in other companies, such as: Constructora Car, SA de CV, a firm dedicated to the development of luxury housing units at the Lomas Country Club Golf Club; and Frontera Cooper Corporation, a Grupo Salinas company.